While other mice are gathering food for the winter, Frederick daydreams the summer away. When dreary weather comes, it is Frederick who has stored up something special for the long cold winter. The classic, much-loved early reading book celebrates the idea that there is a place for all of us in this world.
In this camp with Chicago Children’s Theatre, Frederick is getting a decidedly raucous and playful adaptation via a new musical featuring spirited folk and blues music. The world of Frederick will also feature an inventive, homemade, do-it-yourself, trunk show style of production that will be highly physical and transforms ordinary objects and everyday ideas into the extraordinary.
- When? July 20 – 24, 2020 | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where? Gary United Methodist Church, Wheaton, IL
- How much? $350 per student
- What ages? 7 – 13 years old
- Extended care available from 8:30 to 9 a.m. (additional $25 per student) and 4 to 4:30 pm. (additional $25 per student)
* THERE IS NO AFTER CARE ON THE LAST DAY – after the performance, parents and caregivers are expected to take their children.
End of Camp Performance Events
On the last day, campers will present the skills they have learned to parents and family members in a performance event. The performance will be a unique presentation showcasing skills learned throughout the camp. Family members of campers are welcome to attend. Guests are welcome.