At the intermediate level of Anima, Concert Choristers continue their development of vocal and musical skills through the rehearsal and performance of a varied repertoire. Students gain experience through performance with professional music organizations, travel, and recording opportunities.
- For students grades 4-7
- Rehearses twice weekly
- Performs approximately 10 times per year
- Highlights include the Lyric Opera of Chicago, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Joffrey Ballet, and the Grant Park Orchestra
- Tours regionally and nationally
- Rehearsals: Tuesday from 6:15-8:00pm and Sunday from 3:45-5:30pm
- September 8 – December 18, 2020
- January 5 – May 18, 2021
Concert Chorus Curriculum (Intermediate Twice-A-Week Ensemble)
- Primarily grades 4–8
- Continued vocal development using skills learned in Treble Chorus
- Ability to sing in unison, two-part, three-part, and a cappella repertoire
- Introduction of key signatures, and mastery of major keys by year’s end
- Expansion of musicianship skills in the mastery of more difficult sight singing excerpts, in a variety of major keys, using moveable “do”
- Understanding of time signatures and more complex rhythmic patterns
- Understanding of musical concepts as related to musical form and style periods.
- Demonstration of greater musicality and expressivity in musical performance, as well as
- a professional standard of deportment and focus.
- Love of music as an expressive, artistic medium
- Two major concerts, with Treble and Touring ensembles: December and May
- Extended weekend tour to exchange with another youth choir OR a summer festival for young voices, plus 2 – 3 local performances per semester